You don’t have to be young and carefree to have an impulsive moment or two, but there’s nothing wrong with it either. I’ve concluded that if you want to get a nose ring, you should do it even if you are of a certain age.
Some would argue that older people can pull off piercings with more panache than their younger counterparts. It all depends on your style and comfort level, after all; what looks great on one person might not look right on another.
The Pros of Wearing a NoseRing
Many people think that it’s only okay to wear nose rings when you’re in high school or college. But the truth is, many adults are now opting to wear them as well. Plus, there are tons of benefits to wearing nose rings. Here are just a few:
- It can help break down stereotypes about your age and what you should be wearing
- It can make you feel more empowered by making you feel sexy
- It can be an outlet for creativity
- It can make you stand out from the crowd
- Nose rings have been around since ancient times so they’ve proven themselves over time
The Cons of Wearing a NoseRing
Just like there are advantages to wearing nose rings, there are a couple of disadvantages as well, most times people tend to judge harshly other people that use nose rings, most especially in the African traditions and customs. They frown at such things.
Some Cons of wearing nose rings include:
- It’s hard to find clothes and accessories that match your style.
- You have to be conscious of the way you move your nose so you don’t dislodge the ring.
- People are more likely to talk about your appearance, which can be distracting.
- Even though it might not seem like it at first, a nose ring can be expensive. That’s because in most cases, they’re made out of gold or silver instead of cheaper metals. In addition, piercings require special cleaning materials and care kits that may cost upwards of $50-$200+ each time depending on where you buy them from.
How to Decide if a Nose Ring is Right for You
Nose rings come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles. Some are more subtle than others. If you’re unsure about whether or not you should get one, ask yourself these questions: Am I open-minded about the idea of nose piercings? Do I have access to good-quality jewelry? Is there someone in my life who might be opposed to the idea of me wearing a nose ring (parent, significant other, etc.)? Do I live in an area where it’s difficult to keep up with hygiene due to weather conditions? These are just some of the factors that go into deciding if nose rings may be right for you.
The Different Types of Nose Rings
Different types of nose rings can be used for different occasions, nose rings are fashionable and, in some cultures, they have various traditional values.
Some types of nose ring that women like to wear include diamond nose studs, gold or silver rings, fishtail nose pin, nose hoops, nose bone, imitation nose hoop,e.t.c.